Commission Info: tsukikoko.deviantart.com/journ…
Wow, I needed to update the info in here.
Anyway, what do you need to know about me?
To cut a long story short I'm a University graduate in Conservation Biology, with an urge to draw things (mostly animals or anthro/fantasy stuff) and a knack for doing odd things. There's a crazy cat, a small fluffy dog and a taller terrified-of-everything dog in my life, along with a corn snake and leopard gecko (the last of which likes to hide in my hair).
I'm always up for a chat, so don't be afraid to drop me a note or comment, random conversations are fun!
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person has to share 10 facts about themselves.
3. Answer the 10 questions asked by the person who tagged you and make up 10 questions for the 10 you tag.
4. Choose 10 people and put their icons in your journal. 5. You have to legitimately tag 10 people. 6. No tag-backs. 7. You can't say that you don't do tags.
8. You must make a journal entry!
I have an almost crippling fear of failure
I attended University and recently graduated with a BSc Hons in Conservation Biology
I still prefer young and teen fiction to adult fiction, it tends to be better written, with less swearing and sex to act as a filler in place of actual plot.
Currently, I work as a lab technician in the same University I graduated from.
I have hyper-mobility in my joints and can make my knees, elbows and fingers do freaky things XD
I am supremely stubborn. No, seriously. I will cut my nose off to spite my face is it means I don’t have to back down.
Invertebrates fascinate me. I will often stop in random places because I’ve seen an interesting insect, or because I need to save a worm from the pavement, that kinda thing.
I play tabletop RP games (D&D 2nd or 5th ed., Buck Rogers, World of Darkness etc.) and have taken part in LARP (a Vampire: The Masquerade game). I very much enjoy it :3
Muscled backs are all kinds of sexy to me
Been playing video games since I was a kid, they’ve been a large part of my life and act as a stress-relief for me. Gotta say, my favourites are, and probably always will be, the Monster Hunter games.
1. What is one game, book, movie or song that changed your life?
Jurassic Park. I’m almost certain I wouldn’t have been nearly as interested in Science as a kid were it not for this film. Considering the field I now work in is Science-based, I owe this film a lot (not just my love of dinosaurs ;3)
2. If you knew the world was ending tomorrow but no one believed you, what would be your very last action on Earth?
Throw the best god damn party with the people I love. Might as well go out in style.
3. Do you prefer rabbits with floppy ears or perky ears?
Perky ears, I think it makes them look surprised XD
4. Would you rather have busy days, or have absolutely nothing going on?
Well, see, I don't mind 'having nothing going on' because I'm generally pretty good at amusing myself :3 Besides, most of the time busy days are just filled with activities to make people (or yourself) believe you're busy, without actually achieving anything of note.
5. What is your favourite word (and if it’s not obvious, what does it mean)?
Defenestration; The act of throwing someone out of a window.
I love the way it sounds and I think it's highly amusing that enough people have been thrown out of windows that it warranted a word to describe said action.
6. If you could bring one animal back from extinction, what would it be?
Tough one. Though I have to say it would probably be something recent, like the dodo, or an important invertebrate where the habitat hasn’t yet adapted to their absence. The thing is, extinction is the norm, so I would be extremely careful with altering something like that, because something inevitably will fill the niche, or that species just wasn’t right for the environment and would just go extinct again anyway.
7. Is there something special from your childhood that you kept?
Wolfie. A plushie wolf toy who I’ve had for years, I still keep him in my bed ^.^
8. Who is your favourite talk show host?
I don’t watch talk shows, however, I’m pretty sure Alan Carr does one and he’s pretty funny :3
9. Would you rather live modestly with little money and fewer rules, or luxuriously with lots of fine goods and propriety (etiquette & manners, formal dinner parties, etc.)?
Definitely little money, fewer rules. I'm not very good with etiquette, dressing in anything but comfortable clothes, or sucking up to people in an effort to increase my social standing. The 'luxury' lifestyle would definitely not suit me.
10. If you could change one trend, what would it be and what would you change it to?
The obsession people seem to have about.. well, other people. I get sick to the back teeth of people giving two shits about what someone else looks like, where they work, who they decide to date etc. Seriously, if someone else is doing something and it isn't hurting anybody or, quite frankly, affecting your life AT ALL, why do you feel the need to comment and get involved?
My questions to you
If you could tell your past self one thing, what would it be?
Where is your favourite place in the world?
For a month, would you rather be unable to tell a lie, or unable to tell the truth?
Have you ever seen sounds or smells as colours? If you have, can you name an example?
Is it better to attempt something and risk failure, or to not attempt it at all?
What musical instrument would you most want to play, if you could?
Are you a morning person, or an evening person?
When you think of home do you picture a place, the people, or something different?
Are there any foods you detest?
Blankets or dressing gowns?